Yogasanas are also done while sitting on a chair, they are beneficial for the elderly, you should also know the benefits
21 June is celebrated as World Yoga Day. The purpose of this day is to make people aware of Yoga. The theme of International Yoga Day 2022 focuses on the benefits of yoga in the COVID pandemic.
For the past several months, we are all in the grip of Kovid, in such a situation it has been seen that the risk of Kovid is more in those people who have immunity weeks like old people, children, pregnant women, or those who are already sick.
With increasing age, the risk of diseases increases, to avoid this we are going to tell you about 5 easy yoga poses, which anyone from children to adults can easily do. In this article, we will learn how to do yoga on a chair.
Also Read:- Should I Do Yoga in the Evening? Learn Its Benefits and Precautions
1. Virabhadrasana Chair Pose
- If you want to do yoga sitting on a chair, then you can do Virabhadrasana Chair Pose.
- To do this pose, rest the right thigh on the chair and drag the left leg and take it backward.
- Keeping the sole of the left foot equal to the chair, keep it on the floor.
- Then keep the left leg straight and keep it strong.
- Keep your chest tilted forward.
- Bringing the breath of both the hands upwards and joining them.
- You have to hold in this posture for a few seconds and then come back to the normal posture.
2. Marjariasana Bitilasana Chair Pose
- Sit on the chair and keep the spine straight.
- Place the palm on the knee and thigh.
- Take a long breath and expand the chest outwards.
- Keeping the spine bent, the shoulders have to be taken backward.
- While exhaling slowly, take the spine towards the back and round it.
- Put your chin around your neck and tilt your shoulders and head forward.
- While doing this asana, you have to take a long breath and do it at least 5 times while exhaling.
3. Garudasana Chair Pose
- You can also do Garudasana sitting on a chair.
- To do this pose, you have to cross the right thigh over the left.
- Try to touch the palms by wrapping the right hand with the elbow of the left hand.
- Raise both the elbows and try to keep the shoulders away from the ears.
- You have to maintain this yoga pose till you breathe 3 to 5 times.
- Try to do the same exercise with the other hand as well.
Also Read:- By the Practice of Kagasan, the Body Remains Agile and Diseases of the Stomach Remain Away, Learn How to Do It
4. Ardha Matsyendrasana Chair Pose
- You can also do the Ardha Matsyendrasana pose while sitting on a chair.
- You have to sit on the side of the chair and keep the chair on the side of your left hand.
- Grab the back of the chair and then move your torso to the left.
- Try to stretch the spine in length while breathing.
- Try to bend the spine while exhaling.
- Try to inhale and exhale five times, then come back to the normal position.
- Then you have to repeat this process with the other hand.
5. Eka Pada Rajakapotasana Chair Pose
- You can also do Ekapad Rajakapotasana Chair Pose sitting on a chair.
- Place the heel of the right foot on the thigh of the left foot.
- Keep the knee in line with the heel as much as possible.
- Keep breathing in and out at a normal pace.
- You have to try this easy till breathing 3 to 5 times.
- You have to repeat this asana with the heel of the left foot as well.
So you saw how easy it is to do these poses, you can easily do these poses anywhere and anytime.