If you want to strengthen your side apse, try doing oblique exercises.
If you are troubled by your side fat, then you must do oblique exercises. The oblique muscle connects the pelvic bone to the ribs and is the largest muscle in the abdomen. This muscle helps in strengthening the spine. This muscle also helps keep the side abs strong.
So if you want to reduce side fat or strengthen your side abs, then these exercises can be very beneficial for you. Let’s know about these exercises.
1. Side Plank
- Lie down on the right side.
- Spread your legs.
- Keep the direction of the feet towards the hips.
- Place the elbow of your right hand on the mat or on the ground, just below your shoulder.
- Now tighten your core.
- After this, raise your hips in such a way that a straight line can be made from your head to your feet.
- Don’t keep your hips down.
- Stay in this position for half a minute.
- Now do this with the left hand.
2. Side Plank Leg Raise
- This exercise is beneficial for your outer thighs, obliques, and shoulders.
- Keep your waist straight and look forward.
- Now raise your leg upwards.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds.
- After this, lower the leg and repeat the same process on the other side.
3. Side Plank Dips
- This exercise is beneficial for your hips, shoulders, and core muscles.
- First of all, come to the position of the side plank.
- Bring your hips down and bring them to the starting position.
- Now do the same from the other side as well.
- Bring the hips down once and then lift them up.
- You can do this on both sides 10 times.
4. Russian Twist
- This is an exercise that works your entire core.
- First of all, sit on the ground and stretch your legs.
- Now make a 45-degree angle and move back a bit.
- Bend your legs from your knees to form a V shape.
- Now twist your body from side to side and do not move the legs.
- If you want to bring a little advanced level to it, then you can also lift dumbbells or any heavy thing in your hands.
5. We Ups
- Lie down on the ground with your face upwards.
- Keep your legs and arms straight.
- Keep your body in a straight line.
- Lift the body with the feet together to form a V shape.
- Now try to reach your feet.
- Slowly bring the body down.
6. Side Band
- Stand with your feet slightly apart.
- Hold a medium to heavy size dumbbell in your right hand.
- Bring your right hand down to the knee.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds. Now try to bring your body slowly to the starting position.
- Now twist your upper body in the other direction. Repeat 8 to 12 of this daily.
- Do one to two sets.
Apart from this, there are many other exercises by which you can reduce side fat. You may find these exercises a little difficult, so try to move slowly by not doing them too fast in the beginning. These are also beneficial exercises for the stomach.