Advantages and Disadvantages of Utkata Konasana (Goddess Pose)- Utkata Konasana is a special yoga posture, which can provide many physical and mental benefits.
Utkata Konasana is mainly considered a special yoga posture for women. It is a simple pose that can be performed by both beginners and experienced practitioners. Utkata Konasana is a simple yoga pose, which you can do comfortably while standing on a mat. Practicing Utkata Konasana gives physical and mental benefits. Utkata Konasana is a combination of three Sanskrit words utkata, angle, and asana and is known as “Goddess pose” in English which means goddess posture.
Benefits of Goddess Pose
If Utkata Konasana Yoga Mudra is done with the right technique and takes care of special things, then many health benefits can be obtained from it –
1) Utkata Konasana to stretch the muscles of the thighs
Due to Utkata Konasana, many other muscles present in the thigh including the hamstrings get stretched, which increases the risk of sprains and cramps, etc.
2) Utkata Konasana removes the stiffness of the hip joints
By practicing Utkata Konasana regularly, the hip becomes flexible in the joints and problems like stiffness do not occur.
3) Utkata Konasana Provides Benefits in Pregnancy
Utkata Konasana can also be a beneficial yoga pose for pregnant women. However, they should practice this yoga only after consulting a doctor.
4) Utkata Konasana should treat mental conditions
Utkata Konasana is very effective not only for physical problems but also for removing mental diseases. With its help, the symptoms of anxiety, stress and depression etc. can be reduced.
However, the health benefits of Utkata Konasana completely depend on the method of yoga asana and your health condition.
Steps to do Goddess Pose
If you are going to practice Utkata Konasana for the first time, the following steps may help you to make this yoga pose –
- Step 1 – First of all, lay a mat on flat ground and stand straight on it.
- Step 2 – Make some distance between both the feet and turn the toes outwards
- Step 3 – After this, slowly bend your knees and bring the hips down
- Step 4 – Take a deep breath and join both the palms to form Namaskar Mudra
- Step 5 – Extending the chest, bring the shoulders back a little
You can do this yoga kriya for the duration as per your capacity and then gradually come back to a normal state. If you have any questions related to this, then contact a good yoga instructor.
Precautions during Goddess pose
Utkata Konasana practice is usually done under the supervision of a yoga instructor and during this, it is necessary to take the following precautions –
- Warm-up well before starting yoga
- Do not eat or drink anything immediately before yoga action
- do not force action
- Try to keep the back and neck straight
When not to do Goddess pose
There are certain health conditions during which a doctor’s permission should be taken before practicing Utkata Konasana –
- Serious injury to any part of the body (such as ankles, knees, or hips)
- have a serious illness
- pregnancy or menstruation
- high or low bp
- Urdhva Hastasana Aka Raised Hands Pose Benefits- Benefits, Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages of Urdhva Hastasana
- Urdhva Padmasana Aka Inverted Lotus Pose Benefits- Benefits, Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages of Urdhva Padmasana
- Uttanpadasana Aka Raised Feet Pose Benefits- Benefits, Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages of Uttanpadasana