It is recommended to do yoga to keep the body fit. Although most people believe that yoga gives benefits only when done in the morning. This assumption is absolutely wrong.
When it comes to keeping the body fit and healthy, experts recommend getting up early in the morning, doing exercise, yoga, or running. It is believed that if any physical activity is done in the morning, then it proves to be very beneficial for our body.
But this does not mean that you cannot do yoga or exercise in the evening. Especially about yoga, there is only one misconception in the mind of most people that doing it in the morning gives benefits. Doing yoga in the evening does not benefit the body and mind.
Benefits of Doing Yoga in the Evening
- Doing yoga in the evening calms the mind. Also, it proves helpful in eradicating the fatigue of the day.
- By doing yoga in the evening, you get good sleep at night. For people who have insomnia problems, yoga gurus advise them to do yoga in the evening.
- If you are doing yoga in the evening then it proves helpful in detoxifying the body.
- If you are troubled by something throughout the day and your mind is feeling negative, then doing yoga in the evening gives positive energy to your body. It also helps in controlling anger.
- Evening yoga helps to balance your hormonal imbalance. This can help in overcoming stress, and emotion.
Also Read:- Do These 5 Yogasanas While Sitting on the Chair, You Will Get Many Benefits, Even the Elderly Can Do It Easily
Which Yoga Asanas Can Be Done in the Evening? (Yoga Asanas for Evening)
If you are doing yoga in the evening, then you can do two yogasanas. Paschimottanasana and Uttanasana yoga are two such asanas, which reduce the pressure on the spine.
In this yoga posture, the body is completely pulled. For people who work sitting for 9 to 10 hours at one place throughout the day, this yogasana is considered to be the best to relax the body. Doing Paschimottanasana also helps in controlling sugar, and high blood pressure.
How to do Paschimottanasana?
- To do Paschimottanasana, sit on the ground and raise your hands up while spreading your legs.
- Now try to tilt the body forward, try to tilt the body towards the feet as far as possible.
- Exhale while bending the body towards the feet.
- Stay in this posture for 5 to 10 seconds from the beginning. Then come to the normal position.
- You can repeat this 10 to 15 times
While doing Uttanasana, the head is below the heart. Due to this, the blood circulation starts happening towards the head instead of in the legs. This gives rest to the mind. Those who are troubled for a long time are advised to do Uttanasana.
Before doing yoga in the evening, just do breathing for 5 minutes. Doing breathing definitely sends a signal to the body and mind to be ready for yoga, which does not bother you.
How to do Uttanasana?
- Stand on any flat place. While doing Uttanasana, keep in mind that there is a distance of one foot between both the feet.
- Now while keeping the legs straight, take a deep breath and move the hands towards the feet.
- While bringing the hands towards the feet, you have to take care that your knees are not bent.
- While doing this position, now try to touch the toes with your hands.
- After staying in this position for a while, stand back straight.
- If you want, you can repeat this circle of Uttanasana 4 to 5 times.
Also Read:- Do These 4 Yogasanas to Increase Breast Size, You Will Get Many Other Benefits
What Is the Challenge in Doing Yoga in the Evening?
Actually, doing yoga in the evening is a challenge. Your body and mind are very tired after the whole day of office deadlines and household chores. In such a situation, you have to force your body to do yoga in the evening.
There may be trouble in concentrating the mind in the evening. Experts say that if you are doing yoga in the evening, then you may have trouble for the first few days, but after a time you will get used to it.
According to experts, while doing yoga in the evening, sometimes there can be trouble with the surrounding environment. In the morning you get a very calm environment, but in the evening it is difficult to find a secluded place where you can sit and do yoga.
While doing yoga in the evening, make sure that your stomach is empty. Never do yoga after eating heavy snacks in the evening, doing so can harm the body.