Hasta Uttanasana (Raised Arms Pose) Advantages and Disadvantages- Hasta Uttanasana is a special yogasana that makes the body flexible and strengthens the muscles.
Hasta Uttanasana is a special yoga pose, which is currently practiced in almost all parts of the world. It is a medium-grade yoga posture, which is mainly practiced by experienced practitioners. However, with a little practice and with the help of a yoga instructor, beginners can also do it. Practicing Hasta Uttanasana requires balance and flexibility of the body. Hasta Uttanasana is made up of three Sanskrit words Hasta, Uttan, and Asana, and is known as Raised Arms Pose in English.
Benefits of Raised arm pose
If the Hasta Uttanasana Yoga Mudra is done with the right technique and takes care of special things, then many health benefits can be obtained from it –
1) Hasta Uttanasana to make the spine flexible
With the help of Hasta Uttanasana, many important bends are given in the spine, which increases its flexibility. Back pain and stiffness can also be removed with the help of this yoga asana.
2) Strengthen the shoulders, Hasta Uttanasana
By doing Hasta Uttanasana with the right technique, the muscles present in the shoulders start getting stronger and problems like pain in the shoulders are also reduced.
3) Improve physical balance by doing Hasta Uttanasana
For those who have problems related to physical balance, practicing Hasta Uttanasana can also be beneficial.
4) Hasta Uttanasana is effective in removing mental diseases
Practicing Hasta Uttanasana regularly helps to get rid of anxiety, stress, and other mental problems.
However, the health benefits of Hasta Uttanasana completely depend on the method of yoga asana and your health condition.
Steps to do Raised arm pose
If you are going to practice Hasta Uttanasana for the first time, then the following steps may help you to make this yoga posture –
- Step 1 – First of all, lay a mat on flat ground and stand straight on it.
- Step 2 – Now taking a deep breath, raise both the hands up and join them (Tadasana Yoga Mudra)
- Step 3 – Now bend the spine and slowly start twisting backward
- Step 4 – During this try to look back, and keep some distance between both the feet.
You can do this yoga kriya for the duration as per your capacity and then gradually come back to a normal state. If you have any questions related to this, then contact a good yoga instructor.
Precautions during Raised arm pose
Hasta Uttanasana practice is usually done under the supervision of a yoga instructor and during this, it is necessary to take the following precautions –
- Warm-up before starting the yoga pose
- Do not practice yoga immediately after having a meal
- Maintain the balance of the body and keep full attention on the action
When not to do Raised arm pose
There are some health conditions during which a doctor’s permission should be taken before practicing Hasta Uttanasana –
- severe pain or injury to any part of the body
- respiratory or cardiovascular disease
- tightness in body
- pregnancy or menstruation
- disability or old age
- How to eat almonds, figs, and walnuts in summer? Should I eat dry fruits in hot weather?
- Do you also get hungry late at night? Eating it late will not cause weight gain and sleep
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana Aka Equestrian Pose Benefits- Benefits, Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages of Ashwa Sanchalanasana