Advantages and Disadvantages of Hands to Feet Pose 2022- Hastapadasana is a special yoga pose, which strengthens the muscles of the body as well as improves mental health.
Hastapadasana is one of the major yoga asanas and nowadays it is also practiced as a stretching exercise. It is a special yoga posture with many physical benefits, which requires both physical balance and flexibility to practice. Hastapadasana is considered a good yoga posture for beginners, in which the hands are brought to the feet by bending forward. Hastapadasana is made up of three Sanskrit words hasta, pada, and asana, and is known as “Hand to Feet Pose” in English.
Benefits of Hand to Feet Pose
If the Hastapadasana yoga posture is done with the right technique and takes care of special things, then many health benefits can be obtained from it –
1) Hastapadasana to make the spine flexible
Hastapadasana is a yoga practice, in which flexibility can be brought in the spine and the muscles around it can be made strong.
2) Strengthen the muscles of the hips, Hastapadasana
Hastapadasana is also very effective in making the hip joints flexible and bringing flexibility in their muscles. This can reduce the symptoms of hip pain.
3) Hastapadasana stimulates the abdominal organs
By practicing Hastapadasana with the right technique, the abdominal organs get stimulated and start working actively, due to which problems like indigestion, abdominal pain and constipation do not occur.
4) Hastapadasana helps in blood circulation
By practicing Hastapadasana, the blood circulation in many important parts of the body gets accelerated, due to which those organs start working effectively.
However, the health benefits of Hastapadasana completely depend on the method of yoga asana and your health condition.
Steps to do Hand to Feet Pose
If you are going to practice Hastapadasana for the first time, then the following steps may help you to make this yoga posture –
- Step 1 – First of all, lay a mat on flat ground and stand straight on it.
- Step 2 – Taking a deep breath, slowly start leaning forward
- Step 3 – Keep both the hands straight down and try to touch the mat with the fingers
- Step 4 – Keep the knees straight or bend a little if necessary
- Step 5 – Press the fingers of the hands under the toes
You can do this yoga kriya for the duration as per your capacity and then gradually come back to normal state. If you have any question related to this, then contact a good yoga instructor.
Precautions during Hand to Feet Pose
The practice of Hastapadasana is usually done under the supervision of a yoga instructor and during this it is necessary to take the following precautions –
- Warm-up well first
- do not force any action
- Do not practice yoga immediately after having a meal
- Don’t let the spinal cord jerk
When not to do Hand to feet pose
There are some health conditions during which a doctor’s permission should be taken before practicing Hastapadasana –
- severe pain or injury to any part of the body
- respiratory or cardiovascular disease
- tightness in body
- pregnancy or menstruation
- Hasta Uttanasana Aka Raised Arm Pose Benefits- Benefits, Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages of Hasta Uttanasana
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana Aka Equestrian Pose Benefits- Benefits, Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages of Ashwa Sanchalanasana
- Supta Virasana Aka Reclined Hero Pose Benefits- Benefits, Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages of Supta Virasana