According to a research report by researchers from Norway’s University of Science and Technology, published in the Journal of Headache and Pain, the problem of headache is found more in the age group of 20 to 65 years worldwide.
Headache Causes And Home Remedies: Headache is a problem that almost every person feels once or twice a month. At the same time, when the weather changes or there is a slight fluctuation in health, there is a headache problem. At the same time, there are some people who suffer from headaches every day due to cold in the winter season or humidity in the summer season. Sometimes this headache is so severe that it becomes unbearable and people suffer from pain. A new study has revealed that more than 52 percent of the world’s population has to go through the problem of headaches every year. It was also said in this new study that, women feel more of the problem of headaches than men.
Headache problems more in women
This study, published in the Journal of Headache and Pain, was completed by researchers from the University of Science and Technology in Norway. According to the study report, the problem of headaches is seen more globally in the age group of 20 to 65 years. The researchers assessed the problem of headaches based on reports published between 1961 and 2020. In this review report, it is stated that,
- About 26 percent of people suffer from tension-related headaches and 4.6 percent reported having headaches for 15 or more days each month.
- While 52 percent of the global population suffers from headaches, 14 percent of these cases are related to migraine headaches.
- It was also found in the research that about 15.8 percent of the people started experiencing headaches at some time, while about 50 percent of these people complained of migraine.
- Research has said that women suffer more from headaches. Research has found that 8.6 men are victims of migraine, while 17 percent of women suffer from them. Similarly, 6 percent of women complain of headaches for 15 days or more, while it is only 2.9 percent in the case of men.
Lars Jakob Sooner, the lead author of this research report, said that headache is a very common problem around the world and people have different types of headaches. There is a need to find better ways to prevent and treat the problem of headaches.
What are the types of headaches? (Types Of Headache)
People suffering from headaches may experience different types of headaches. Each type of headache has specific symptoms and varying degrees of severity. Along with this, the location of each type of headache is also different. Read here about the different types of headaches-
- Tension headache
- Cluster headache
- Sinus headache
- Medicine overuse headache
What is the cause of headaches?
- worry or overthinking
- very hard physical exertion or mental exertion
- lack of sleep
- Hunger and the habit of not eating on time
- motion sickness
- pollution and noise
- Excessive use of mobile devices
- dehydration or lack of water in the body
- lack of proper circulation of blood to the brain
Home remedies to get relief from Headache
yoga and meditation practice
People who complain of frequent headaches may benefit from practicing yoga and meditation or meditation to get relief from this problem. Pranayama, Nadi Shodhana Pranayama and Bhramari Pranayama are considered to relieve headache.
Removing the toxins accumulated in the body can provide relief from many health problems like headaches and stomach pain. That is why it is advisable to drink 3-4 liters of water daily. It cools the stomach, reduces stress, and balances the systems of the body. (health benefits of drinking water)
use of herbs
Various herbs and spices used in the home kitchen can be consumed as a way to get rid of headaches. Drinking ginger tea, fennel seeds, and clove tea or betel leaves juice can provide relief from a headache.
Applying henna also provides relief from headaches. People who have unbalanced body temperature and often complain of headaches can apply fenugreek paste on the head. Similarly, applying henna to the palms and soles can also provide relief from headaches and tension. (Health benefits of applying mehndi or henna in hair)
apple and salt
Consuming apples with salt can provide relief in case of severe headaches. The dietary fiber found in apples increases digestion power and reduces abdominal gas. Therefore, if your stomach is causing a headache, it can provide immediate relief. (Home remedies for headache)
To get relief from migraine pain (tips to manage migraine pain) drinking tea of fresh mint leaves can prove to be effective. To make this tea, take a handful of fresh mint leaves and boil it with a glass of water. Then mix 2-3 black peppercorns in it and boil the water till it becomes half. When the tea is cooked properly, filter it and consume it hot. (herbal tea for headache relief)
- Covid Sore Throat: Sore throat caused by Kovid remains for so many days! If it is more than this, then this disease can happen, know the signs
- Why is Covid or another vaccine applied in hand? Know the reason for not injecting intravenous vaccine
- Apply these 4 special hair masks in the hair in summer, learn how to make them and the benefits of applying